Sunday Post: Autumn…Five Tips for a Healthier School Year
Jake at Time after Time has a Sunday Post Challenge and every week he provides a theme…this week’s theme is AUTUMN.
Take a hayride down scarlet and gold tree-lined country roads!
Pick the best pumpkin!
Have the healthiest school year ever by following these five simple steps:
- Wash hands often: everyone should have their own towel…perhaps a different color for each member of the family. This helps colds from spreading.
- Dress appropriately: when it is cold, children should be dressed warmly, with hats or hoods on their heads.
- Get enough sleep: young children need LOTS of sleep so set up bedtime routines and stick to them. Our body renews and cells regenerate during sleep. Did you know that children between the ages of 2 and 5 need 11-14 hours of sleep? For more information about sleep and young children, you can go to: http://www.sleepforkids.org/html/sheet.html.
- Make every meal and snack count: a good breakfast is a MUST and snacks can provide additional important nutrition, especially for picky eaters. For more ideas on healthy meal planning for the whole family, you can visit: http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_center/healthy_eating/habits.html
- Keep a sick child home: I know it is difficult, especially when parents work…but your child will get better sooner and the teacher and the other children in the class will thank you.
Open just two more weeks: We want to give away 12 free copies of Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cookingto schools or other childcare facilities. Nominate your child’s school in the Show Me How School Initiative by leaving a comment and telling us why you’d like them to have this book. If you don’t have young children, but know people who do, please tell them about the free book their child’s school can receive! Tweet this and spread the word across any of your social media networks. At the beginning of October we will use Random.org to choose 12 lucky schools.
Want more information about Jake’s Sunday Post?
- Sunday Post: Autumn (shaanthz.wordpress.com)
Posted on September 16, 2012, in Parenting Tips, Sunday Post and tagged Autumn Activities for Children, Health tips, lifestyle, Show Me How! School Initiative, Sunday Post. Bookmark the permalink. 25 Comments.