Jake at Time after Time has a Sunday Post Challenge…today’s theme is SENTIMENTAL VALUE.
Sentimental value definition: value placed on something because of its emotional associations rather than its monetary worth.
What has the greatest sentimental value for me?
My children and grandchildren!
CHILDREN ARE PRICELESS! And pricey!
Did you know that it costs over $200,000 to raise a child to age 18?
But some of the most important things you can give your kids are free!
1. Give them your time – participate with them in activities that are fun.
2. Give them your attention – listen to them when they talk to you.
3. Give them your respect – ask for their opinions and thoughts.
4. Give them your love – show them and tell them EVERY day.
5. Give them boundaries – set expectations and consequences.
Your return on investment will be well worth it!
Spending time with kids can be fun for everyone. If you have young children ages 2-8, my book is a great resource. Join hundreds of other parents and teachers who use the ideas in the book every day. It makes a great baby shower gift…the baby will quickly outgrow those little sleepers, but will never outgrow the benefits of positive parental participation! Click this link to find out more about it!
What are some things you do with your kids?
With Easter just around the corner, how about crafting a paper plate bunny? Arts and crafts activities build self-esteem, develop stronger literacy skills, increase coordination and encourage creative expression and imagination.
PAPER PLATE EASTER BUNNY
photo courtesy all kids network
You will need: Paper plate, cotton balls, glue, construction paper in white and pink, pipe cleaners, scissors.
1. Young kids will especially love plunking cotton balls all over the bunny’s face…use a glue stick for less mess.
2. The picture shows pipe cleaners for whiskers and mouth…as well as a pom-pom pink nose…but you can substitute pieces of construction paper.
Step-by-step instructions at: Paper Plate Easter Bunny Craft
There’s lots of fun over at Jake’s Sunday Post.
- Find your Easter Bunny Name (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Easter bunny craft (nurturestore.co.uk)