I’m happy to say I completed Tara Lazar’s Picture Book Idea Month (PiBoIdMo).
I now have more than 30 ideas for new picture books – some good, some bad and some downright ugly!
The inspiration: read 30+ posts by authors, illustrators and others who are successful in the field of kid lit.
Some days it was hard to make the time to read the post and comment…but I didn’t miss a day.
My family thought it was hysterical every time I jumped up from the dinner table and ran willy-nilly to grab my PiBoIdMo notebook and jot down a phrase or catchy book title.
True story: We moved to New Hampshire at the end of September. I’ve been reading AND telling my 5-year old grandson LOTS of stories. This morning, Jeremy could not find his mittens. We went out to the car and he crawled into the back seat. Holding up his mittens in his hand, Jeremy shouted, “Grandma…here’s a good story…’The Mystery of the Missing Mitten”.
OH YES! I love that he is thinking so creatively. And I love that he is realizing that every day events can turn into a GREAT story. Hmmm…that sounds like a PiBoIdMo post for 2014!
If you participated in Picture Book Idea Month this year, CONGRATULATIONS!
If you didn’t, please mark your 2014 calendar RIGHT NOW so that you don’t miss out next year!
- PiBoIdMo, Picture Book Idea Month! (writersrumpus.com)
- Tara #PiBoIdMo #art (catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com)
- PiBoIdMo 2013 is almost here! (sketchedout.wordpress.com)
- Excited to Participate in PiBoIdMo 2013 (kimjollyillustration.wordpress.com)
- PiBoIdMo (bleedraper.wordpress.com)
- Picture Book Writing: PiBoIdMo (nancydrewit.wordpress.com)
- PiBoIdMo Bliss (thebackdoorartist.com)
- PiBoIdMo 2013 Day 1 (loniedwards.com)
- From my sketchbook (nessadeeart.blogspot.com)
- 2013 PiBoIdMo (cravewriting.wordpress.com)