Are You Taking Santa’s Advice? Time Management Tip #1
It’s the end of the year. So much to do and so little time to do it.
In the oft-heard jingle, ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town’, Santa is MAKING A LIST and CHECKING IT TWICE.
One of the most important time-management tools is a list. Every day. Of what you need to accomplish.
Without the list, you will probably waste a lot of TIME, trying to remember what needs to be done.
Without the list, you will surely get distracted by other tasks.
There are several types of lists you can use:
- Daily to-do
- Long-term projects
- Yearly or life-time goals
On my daily to-do list, I put an asterisk next to the items that are MOST IMPORTANT and I try to do these first. I also have a small section of the daily to-do list that itemizes what I need at the store…this part of the list can carry over to the next day. I try to go shopping only once or twice a week. That saves time and money!
What’s on my to-do list today?
- Finish reading the entries to Susanna Leonard’s Holiday Writing Contest (over 100 submissions (you can read my entry here) – don’t forget to come back on Monday for the link to VOTE for the winner!
- Read Marcie Atkins post, We’re All In This Together (WAITT) – I’ve been participating in her blog feature this year and today’s post is a wrap-up of our 2013 accomplishments.
- Send out Christmas cards and mail out a couple of copies of Show Me How…ON SALE for $24.99 on AMAZON.
- Work on revising the manuscript I just got back from author and life coach Alayne Christian. I won a professional in-depth critique from her because of my participation in Sub Six and I know that with the suggestions she has made, this will be a powerful story to resubmit to a publishing house that was interested in it. I also gave it to both of my critique groups and will incorporate their feedback as well.
- Straighten up the house – we had company yesterday – our son from Chicago had to be in Boston for business and come to spend the day – he got to play with his nephew, 5-year old Jeremy.
What’s on your list today?
Posted on December 14, 2013, in List-making, Time Management and tagged Alayne Kay Christian, Making lists, Marcie Atkins WAITT, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Susanna Hill Holiday Writing Contest, Time Management. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.