Reflections: Speak To Us Of Children…
Today I’m “pressing” a post of one of my favorite bloggers…Elizabeth of Mirth and Motivation. It’s all about children…one of my most favorite topics in the world!
But first I’d like to pass along a couple of awards that came my way this past week.
Uplifting children and helping them develop a positive self-image is one of my missions in life. I try to provide parents and teachers with resources and activities and encouragement, because the task of raising and educating young children is a difficult one and it is crucial that adults feel good about themselves as well.
But bloggers also need encouragement to continue to carve out those precious moments to write…from a day that may be filled with other responsiblities and obligations.
And so various blogging awards are “born” and one blogger confers them on another to recognize and celebrate a job well done.
This past week, Clar at clarbojahn gave me two lovely ones: The Kreativ Blogger Award and The Sunshine Award.
Clar is a dedicated writer (of children’s picture books and other genres) and human being extraordinaire and I am honored to know her. I hope you will take the time to go and meet her.
The rules of these awards: List some things of interest about yourself and then pass the awards along to other deserving bloggers.
1. If I love a book, I can reread it dozens of times. Favorite book: Little Women. When I was 10, I went shopping with my mom and sister for her junior high school graduation dress. We lived in NYC at the time and went to a store (Abraham and Strauss) that has eight floors of merchandise. Instead of dragging me around while she and my sister shopped, my mom brought me to the book department, which encompassed the entire 8th floor of the building. Leaving me there to enjoy browsing through the books (yes, I know, this is something we would NEVER do these days…but times were different over a half a century ago) she and my sister went shopping for the dress. I picked a stack of Louisa May Alcott books and sat down on the floor and happily spent the next several hours, reading about the adventures of the March family.
2. If I love a movie, I never get tired of watching it. Favorite movie: Gone With the Wind. How many times have I seen it? Probably 10.
3. My favorite color is yellow…as a child, I shared a room with my older sister. I was 19 when she got married…the day after the wedding, I painted MY room a bright sunshiny yellow!
I hope you will have the time to visit with the following people whose hard work and wonderful writing motivate me to keep on blogging. Of course there are dozens and dozens more…but I only get to list 10.🙂
1. Elizabeth of Mirth and Motivation
2. Nancy at Spirit Lights the Way
3. AngelaMarie at One In Creation
4. Pat at Children’s Books Heal
5. Erik at This Kid Reviews Books
6. Judy at Jay Jays Favorites
7. Kirsten at Creating Curious Kids
8. Marcy at Orples
9. Margaret at Pen to Print
10. SP at Spanish Pinay
And now, here is Elizabeth’s post that touched a chord in my heart and soul. I share this with all of my readers in hopes it will speak to you as well.
Thank you, Elizabeth, for holding children so dear!
- Children’s Book Review (exhaustedmama.wordpress.com)
- Children’s Books: Charlie the Ranch Dog (onceuponafriendship.com)
- Children’s Book Illustrators Exhibit (summereadingame.wordpress.com)
- CNN.com: Modern children’s books help families explore diversity (ittybittybabysteps.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 15, 2012, in Blogging, children, Kreativ Blogger Award, parenting, self-esteem, Sunshine Award, Uncategorized and tagged children, Louisa May Alcott, Versatile Blogger Award. Bookmark the permalink. 28 Comments.