And the winner is…Awards, awards and more awards!
We all need a break now and then. I just got back from an amazing week in Chicago…total rest and relaxation provided by my son and daughter-in-law.
Many bloggers I know are stepping back a little from their posting schedule…renewing and refreshing themselves with family time and/or vacations near and far.
I, too, have been less active with the business of blogging…but today I wanted to catch up on several awards that have been passed along to me over the last few months. I also want to announce the winner of the Lap-Time Song and Play Book by Jane Yolen that I am giving away in honor of my 300th blog post.
Let me first thank:
1. Future Flying Saucers for the Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award
The “Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award” has to do with a woman of the same name, known for being very elegant and having high expectations, and who is committed to maintaining integrity, good manners and behavior, as well as a rich sense of humor.
Future Flying Saucers is a homeschooling SAHM now…but she had a career in education before…her story is inspiring…I hope you will pay her a visit. I’m honored with this award…not sure about the elegant part…but I do have high expectations and I am definitely committed to maintaining integrity, good manners and behavior…and I can laugh at myself and try to see the lighter, humorous side of life, especially when things aren’t going well.
2. Dawn at Tales of the Motherhood for the Good Apple Award.
Dawn has an amazing blog…her home is a veritable United Nations…take a look-see…I know you will enjoy it. As with most blogging awards, there are all kinds of rules…answer a bunch of questions and then nominate others and provide them with questions they need to answer…but it’s summer…and I don’t want to give anyone more work and stress.
3. Milka at Perfecting Motherhood for the ABC Award.
If you love reading and think it is an important activity for children, please stop over at Perfecting Motherhood! Milka is an amazing mother who encourages reading by reading to her children every day, by having books available all the time (her children probably think the library is just an extension of their home because they are there so often) and by being seen reading (she is always recommending books that she has read). The requirement of the ABC Award (Awesome Blog Content) is to describe yourself using every letter of the alphabet…I seriously doubt anyone wants to know that much about me, but in my post on Sunday, I will recommend twenty-six picture books (from A to Z) for great summer reading.
4. Marcy at Orples for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Marcy is a talented children’s picture book author and illustrator. Her Orples picture book series is charming and each book presents a lesson to be learned. Please pay a call to her website and check out her lovely books. I hope I can live up to this award…perhaps my passion for reading picture books with children will inspire other parents…and my love of writing picture books will encourage others who dream of publishing their work.
One of the rules of all of these awards is to nominate others to receive them. There are dozens and dozens of bloggers whose posts I love reading who deserve all of these awards. Many of them probably have some of them already. Because it is summer…and I don’t want to put pressure on anyone…I’m going to list a baker’s dozen (13) of blogs that I encourage everyone to visit…and pass along the honor of all four awards to them…but I hope none of the thirteen will feel compelled to post about it now. This list of bloggers is an international one…enjoy!
- Barbara at Spanish4Kiddos
- Julie at Write Up My Life
- Susanna at Susanna Leonard Hill
- Darshana at Flowering Minds
- Patricia at Children’s Books Heal
- Joanna at Miss Marple’s Musings
- Jake at Time after Time
- Clar at Clarbojahn’s Blog
- Nancy at Spirit Lights the Way
- Elizabeth at Mirth and Motivation
- Marylin at Things I Want to Tell My Mother
- Barb at Plate Spinning 101
- Milka at Perfecting Motherhood
Thank you for your patience. You all definitely deserve something sweet and good to eat.
Yes, I’m sure Jeremy will share some of his ice-cream cone with you as well!
And now…the winner of the 300th post giveaway is…
Hannah Holt at Lightbulb Books…Congratulations!!!!
Hannah, please email me at email@example.com and I’ll get that lovely book in the mail to you. 😉
I’ll be posting the Summer Reading List from A to Z on Sunday…hope you’ll all come back to check it out.
- Children’s Literacy and Reading News Roundup: June in Review (jkrbooks.typepad.com)
- A Child’s Picture Book: Flotsam (maryekstrand.com)
- Writing Picture Books (kathytemean.wordpress.com)
- Re-Imaging Your Picture Book (kathytemean.wordpress.com)
- Kid Konnection: Workman Fun (bookingmama.net)
- January Carnival of Children’s Literature (delightfulchildrensbooks.com)
- Top 10: Best Old Fashioned Children’s Books and Their Modern Day Equivalents (pragmaticmom.com)
- Award-Winning Children’s Books for the Dog Days of August (prweb.com)
- It’s a Picture Book Party for 12 x 12′ers AND a Giveaway! (viviankirkfield.wordpress.com)