Back-to-School Jitters are experienced by many children.
Even parents have them.
But did you know that many teachers also fall prey to Back-to-School Jitters?
If you’d like to find out what some teachers are thinking before the first day of school, please check out some of the teacher blogs that are part of the linky party organized by “A Turn To Learn”.
I joined in on the fun also!
Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out how to copy with linky picture AND put my own words in…tech savvy I am not…although A Turn to Learn did provide a great tutorial…I’m sure almost everyone else would have been able to do it.
So here are my answers to the categories:
I’m excited for…sharing my passion for picture books with eager kindergarteners.
I’m nervous about…finding the time to do school visits and write picture books and work for a living.
I’m loving…encouraging children to become lovers of books and reading.
I need to remember…to speak with each child individually during the storytelling and crafting time.
I’m looking forward to a new year of school visits…this year I plan to include my own picture book stories in the list I provide to the teachers. Last year I had the privilege of reading The Balloon Man to a Montessori Early Childhood class…the children LOVED it…and I was thrilled to share the story of the balloon salesman whose encounter with a mouse almost ended his career.
Please check out the link to A Turn to Learn. Her blog provides amazing content…she sounds like a super teacher…the kind we all wish our children could have. I’ve also put a link to the Back-to-School Jitters linky party on my sidebar…you’ll get the inside scoop on lots of others teachers’ feelings, hopes and dreams if you click on there.
The Show Me How School Initiative is still looking for nominations. If you’d like your favorite school or classroom library to receive a free copy of Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking, please leave a comment on this post. At the end of September, we will choose a dozen winners using Random.org.
I hope you’ll be back for my next post in the Back-to-School Series…Tips on Having the Healthiest School Year Ever!
- First day jitters? Get kids ready to go back to school (swrnn.com)
- Back To School 2012 (ssppreads.wordpress.com)
- Montessori-Inspired Greater Than Less Than Alligator Math (teacherlingo.com)
- Back to School after Summer Vacation – 6 Ways to Help Your Child Be Ready to Learn (schoolfamily.com)
- Are You Ready To Say Goodbye? (viviankirkfield.wordpress.com)
- Preparing to Go Back to School (autismsocietyofnc.wordpress.com)
- Hopes and Dreams for a New School Year in Indy (giveacareindy.org)
- Favorite Back to School Books for Preschool, Kindergarten and First Grade (momto2poshlildivas.com)
- First Day Jitters (alwaysalesson.com)
- Beating the back to school jitters (wdtn.com)