One doesn’t have to be a parent to weep for those young lives lost. One doesn’t have to be a family member or friend to mourn the adults who were killed.
There have been many tributes to the lives so tragically lost in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.
Here’s one video that conveys its Norman Rockwell-like atmosphere…which only makes it more difficult to accept the reality of what happened.
Perhaps this is the ‘straw’ that breaks the camel’s back…perhaps this tragic event will spur much-needed legislation in various areas..
What can be done to prevent incidents like this from happening in the future?
- Begin a dialogue concerning mental illness and how it is treated/viewed.
- Legislate to ban automatic weapons except for law enforcement and the military.
- Ensure that home weapons are securely locked and not accessible to anyone except the registered owner.
- Reduce violence in the movies, TV shows, video games.
- Increase one-on-one interpersonal connections…we are living in a society where people are disconnecting from each other.
What do you think? Do you agree? What would you add to the list?
- Prayers for Newtown, CT (africanicole.com)
- To the Newtown Community (therantingpapizilla.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts and prayers for the innocent lives lost in Newtown, CT (americanturban.com)
- President Obama Challenges Us To Protect ALL Of Our Children In Remarks At Newtown, CT (praiserichmond.com)
- Our heartfelt condolences and thoughts will forever go out to the Newtown victims and their families. (everythinggl.com)
- Celebrities React to Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (justjared.com)
- The Newtown, CT shooting. What can I do? How do I talk to my kids? (nateprentice.wordpress.com)
- Newtown: A special town shattered by tragedy (news.yahoo.com)