Can’t Sleep Without Sheep Contest and Sleep Tips for Parents
Do you have trouble sleeping? Some might advise counting sheep. Or, you could read Susanna Leonard Hill’s wonderful picture book, Can’t Sleep Without Sheep. Or, on May 7th, you could purchase an ebook copy of Can’t Sleep Without Sheep. Or, you could grab some paper and sharpen your pencil and write a jingle.
YES! It’s contest time over at Susanna Leonard Hill’s blog. To celebrate the release of the ebook edition (come back on May 7th for the link to purchase) of Can’t Sleep Without Sheep, Susanna is holding a contest. Hurry over to her blog to read the rules and join the fun and have a chance to win a fabulous prize!
Here’s my jingle – to be read as an upbeat chant:
Ava Ava needs some sleep.
Ava Ava counts some sheep.
Ava Ava wide awake!
Ava Ava take a break,
Count some pigs and cows instead.
Much too noisy for my bed!
If you please, I need my sleep
Cannot sleep without my sheep.
Insomnia is actually a serious problem for many people. Some cannot fall asleep…others wake in the middle of the night and cannot fall back asleep. Do you have helpful tips?
Children can suffer from insomnia also.
- Set routines for bedtime and be consistent
- Avoid overstimulating near bedtime – quiet stories are best
- Address any concerns your child may have such as fear of the dark or monsters
- Consult your pediatrician if the sleep problem persists
- Metaphor Monday and Can’t Sleep without Sheep jingle (catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com)
- Can’t Sleep Without Sheep (nrhatch.wordpress.com)
- Counting sheep (livinglifeindaydreams.wordpress.com)
- Counting sheep….?! (naturesknowledge.wordpress.com)
- Sleeping tricks (joannagoddard.blogspot.com)
- GRATITUDE – Count Blessings Not Sheep (inspiredliving1949.wordpress.com)
Posted on May 6, 2013, in contests, Jingles and tagged Can't Sleep Without Sheep, E-book, insomnia, Jingle contest, Picture book, sleep problems in kids, Susanna Leonard Hill. Bookmark the permalink. 34 Comments.