Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!
Jake, at Time after Time, has a Sunday Post Challenge – today’s theme is ATTRACTION.
Attraction definition: A quality or force of someone or something that pulls others in.
Libraries are an amazing attraction.
For me, libraries are the best place to spend a couple of happy hours.
Are you interested in photography? The library has awesome books for you.
Do you want to find a recipe for a delicious Indian curry dish? Check out your library.
Have you a question about parenting or picture book writing? Just ask the librarian.
When I was a child, I visited the library every week.
I must have been quite a sight – a walking stack of books.
I encourage parents to get library cards for their kids and use the library frequently:
- It’s FREE!
- Local libraries often have story programs for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
- Various programs for children and adults – computer literacy, foreign language, home buying, tax help, etc.
- Many libraries have video collections – why pay money to rent movies when you can get them for free.
- Children who grow up with books have greater academic success.
- Reading with children on a daily basis builds a strong parent-child bond.
- Helping children become lovers of books and reading opens the world for them.
If you are looking for great picture book suggestions and for busy moms on the run, please check out my book.
Join in the fun with Jake’s Sunday Post.
- The public library: Historic artifact or adaptive success? (teleread.com)
- Crandall Public Library gets tough on bad behavior (poststar.com)
- Babies, books a natural mix (timescolonist.com)