Book and Activity: Where is Baby’s Belly Button
Posted by viviankirkfield
Today is Perfect Picture Book Friday…an amazing link-up that provides parents, teachers and librarians with reviews and activities of the best picture books – both old and new. If you are looking for picture book suggestions, visit children’s author Susanna Leonard Hill’s fantastic resource by clicking on this link.
I’ve got babies on my mind…I’m spending my last day in Chicago, helping to take care of my beautiful (of course) new grand-daughter. I go home tomorrow…it will be hard to leave.
My picture book choice is a no-brainer…one of my favorite baby board books.
- The sturdy board book will withstand lots of handling.
- Infants, toddlers and preschoolers will LOVE lifting the flaps to find the answers.
- The simple wide-eyed babies depicted will appeal to every young child.
How parents can use this book:
- Super read aloud and interactive time for parent and child
- Helps build vocabulary and hand-eye coordination
- Encourages cause and effect thinking
- For your infant: Play peek-a-boo with your infant
- For your toddler: Hide objects under a towel and let your toddler guess what is there by feeling but not looking
- For your preschooler: Show your child several items (keys, small ball, glove, etc) and place them in a paper bag. Let your child name the items…then take out one and ask which are left in the bag.
About viviankirkfieldWriter for children - Reader forever Mom of 3, educator, author of SWEET DREAMS, SARAH (Creston Books, 2018), picture book junkie, lover of travel, hiking, cooking, playing Monopoly with my 8-year old grandson and fly-fishing with my husband.
Posted on May 3, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged book reviews, infant activities, Infants, Karen Katz, Perfect Picture Book Friday, Toddlers, Where's Baby's Belly Button. Bookmark the permalink. 22 Comments.