Jake at Time after Time has a Sunday Post Challenge and every week he provides a theme…this week’s theme is MORNING.
When tragic events take place, we almost always remember where we were and what we were doing.
On the morning of September 11, 2001, the unimaginable happened…planes piloted by terrorists crashed into the Twin Towers in NYC and into the Pentagon in Washington, DC. One plane, destined to destroy the White House, was retaken by a group of courageous passengers and crashed into a field in Pennsylvania, killing all aboard, but saving the target from harm.
I was at home, trying to follow up on some phone calls for my husband’s business…but no one was answering. I wondered about that and turned on the television in time to witness the horror on live TV. My first thought was to call my own children, spread out across the country, to make sure they were all ok.
Morning is a time for renewal when all things begin again. Each of us has the opportunity every day…to make changes, choose different options or follow a new path…because every day is the first day of the rest of your life.
We remember that morning eleven years ago…and pray for all who were impacted by it.
We thank the brave firefighters, police and others…many who gave their own lives.
And we pray for guidance to make the world a safer place for our children.
I’d also like to share a few important details:
- If you’d like to hear my interview on Michael Scott’s Bookmark Radio Show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bookmark-radio-network/2012/09/11/bookmark-radio-netwok-with-author-vivian-kirkland# (Yes, my name is spelled incorrectly…perhaps I need to change it to Kirkland…so many people seem to like it better that way.)
- The Summer Short and Sweets Contest winner will be announced tomorrow on Susanna Leonard Hill’s blog…if you’d like to read the stories submitted by the six finalists (I’m honored that mine is one of them), please go here. You can even VOTE for the one you like best!
- We are still looking for more nominations of schools to receive a free copy of Show Me How! Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking. All you have to do is leave a comment on my blog post, naming the school or child-care facility that you’d like to enter in the Show-Me-How School Initiative.
- Sunday Post: Morning (autumninbruges.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Morning (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Jakesprinter Sunday Post – “Morning” (caddoveil.com)