Wow! Three blogger awards from Elizabeth at Mirth and Motivation…thank you so much…she is an inspiration to all who read her posts and connect with her. If I were marooned on a desert island and could only read the posts of one blogger, hers would be the one!
According to Elizabeth, I’m supposed to list seven random things about myself, so here goes. 🙂
1. I’m really careful about what I eat during the day, but in the evening, I reward myself with a mini ice-cream sundae and then a BIG bowl of air-popped popcorn.
2. I love the sound of the washing machine, dryer and dishwasher all going at the same time…my husband HATES the noise, but for me it says, “Stuff is getting done!”
3. When my children were young and wanted to give me flowers as a gift but they had no money to spend, I would go to the store with them and have them point out the bunch of flowers they would choose. I would go over and smell them. Then I would hug and kiss the kids and tell them, “Thank you, I love them.”
4. I’m not good at going places I’ve never been…I have to print out the directions on MapQuest…both going there and coming back…otherwise I will probably get lost.
5. When I was a child, I would go to the library and take out so many books, you could hardly see me behind the stack of books as I walked home. I would read them one after another and then go back and get more. I guess I haven’t changed. 🙂
6. I was a very fussy eater when I was young…when my family would go to the Chinese restaurant, it cost my parents 25 cents for my empty plate on which I piled white rice and crispy noodles.
7. I’d rather make several right turns and go out of my way a bit to avoid making a left where there is lots of on-coming traffic and no light.
So, there are seven random things about myself…hope you enjoyed them. Did you laugh at some…or roll your eyes…or perhaps nod your head in agreement or recognition. Do let me know. 🙂