There are so many awesome blogs out there.
It doesn’t matter if you are interested in gardening, cooking, technology, parenting, architecture, electronics, philosophy…or any other topic…there are blog communities waiting to connect with you.
When it comes to parenting, it is especially valuable to have so many helpful online resources…parenting is a really difficult task…and families these days are not close-knit the way they used to be in the “good old days”. Young parents and new parents often have no family members near-by to rely on to help and give advice.
So I’m especially honored to have received this Versatile Blogger Award for my parenting blog…for the second time. This time I have SmartyPantsFun to thank, a great website that provides creative crafty printables for kids.
According to the award instructions, I’m supposed to write seven things about myself and then pass the award on to 15 other deserving bloggers.
Seven Things About Me
1. I weigh myself every morning, even though experts say not to do that.
2. I eat a bowl of air-popped popcorn (with a TB of canola oil and a pinch of Celtic Salt) every night while I relax and watch TV or a movie with my husband.
3. If I liked what I saw on the scale, I also eat a small bowl of ice-cream with a squirt of real whipped cream.
6. My writing goals for 2012 are: to work on the second book in the Show Me How series (Celebrating the Holidays Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking…this is the one I need crafts and recipes for and hope bloggers will come forward and contribute) and to take a picture book I wrote many years ago and rework it into an interactive board book series to help toddlers learn their colors, numbers and ABC’s.
7. I am currently de-cluttering my home…one drawer, closet and shelf at a time.
The bloggers I give the Versatile Bloggers Award to are:
These are only a few wonderful writers out there…people who take the time to share their thoughts and expertise…and make us smile and cry and think and move forward. I’m honored to have connected with these bloggers in 2011…and I’m excited to see who I will meet in 2012.