Blow A Kiss: Book Review and Craft Activity for Kids
Posted by viviankirkfield
Author Susanna Leonard Hill is taking a break from Perfect Picture Book Friday, but you can access her amazing picture book list on her blog.
Blow A Kiss
Written by David Seow
Illustrated by Enrico Sallustio
Publisher: Bonnie Books (2010)
Ages: 3 and up
Friendship, the power of love, cultural diversity, world unity
“Can you blow a kiss? Get ready, get set, blow! Now let’s see where your little kiss will go.”
This story takes the reader and listener on a journey, following the path of a blown kiss. Over the seven seas, past snow-capped mountains, into deserts and war-torn countries, we are shown that one kiss can multiply, creating unity among people.
Why I like this book:
- Great read-aloud
- Wonderful message of hope and world unity
- Bold, bright illustrations
- Another gem from the multi-published author/illustrator team of David Seow and Enrico Sallustio.
David Seow on the left, Enrico Sallustio on the right and happy me behind them.
How a parent can use this book:
- Lovely read-aloud – for bed-time or anytime
- Talk about how people may look different, but most of them feel and want the same things
- Look at a map of the world and find deserts, mountain ranges, oceans, etc.
- Talk about how we can show people we love them and care about them
HUG AND KISS COUPON BOOK
What a fun project to do on a hot summer day!
You will need: Construction paper, crayons or markers, stapler and scissors.
- I love simple crafts for kids.
- Help your child fold a piece of construction paper in half and cut. (folding and cutting are skills young children need to learn for school)
- Help your child fold one of the halves several times and cut the pieces.
- Your child can decorate each small square or rectangle and write: Good for one kiss or Good for one hug.
- Fold the other half and write on the cover: Hug and Kiss Coupon Book.
- Stape the stack of coupons inside the book.
- Just a few minutes of your time, participating with your child…that’s all it takes…the long-term rewards are amazing!
Here is a coupon book my older son made for me for Valentine’s Day almost 25 years ago.
You can connect with the author and illustrator.
Great simple activities like the one above can be found in the Kindle Edition of Show Me How! ONLY $2.99 SPECIAL SUMMER PRICE. If you would rather have the print copy, you can purchase it on Amazon! Do you want to enrich your child’s summer? Great picture book recommendations, quick and easy craft projects and simple healthful recipes…all in one place!
Recommended by teachers, parents and children!!!
“What a lovely book! Parents will find inspiration in this delightful guide to reading and planning activities.” Katherine Holabird, author of the Angelina Ballerina series
“Show Me How is a wonderful resource!” Norman Bridwell, creator of Clifford the Big Red Dog series
“A timeless book that is sure to be a family favorite!” Sheila Glazov, personality expert and author of What Color is Your Brain
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School) (whatsnotwrong.wordpress.com)
- The snuggle quotient (thehindu.com)
- Oliver Jeffers – Picture Book Maker (jaredrypkema.com)
- Adult Protagonists in Picture Books (julierowanzoch.wordpress.com)
- Great Picture Books for Summer and Beyond (darlenebeckjacobson.wordpress.com)
About viviankirkfieldWriter for children - Reader forever Mom of 3, educator, author of SWEET DREAMS, SARAH (Creston Books, 2018), picture book junkie, lover of travel, hiking, cooking, playing Monopoly with my 8-year old grandson and fly-fishing with my husband.
Posted on July 13, 2013, in Craft Activity for Kids, Picture Book Review and tagged author David Seow, Blow A Kiss, Illustrator Enrico Sallustio, Make a Hug and Kiss Coupon Book, Show Me How! Build Your Child's Self-Esteem Through Reading, Summer activities for kids. Bookmark the permalink. 22 Comments.