Welcome to Perfect Picture Book Friday!
Have I got a treat for you!
One of the FIRST picture books of 2017!
Written by Andrea J. Loney
Illustrated by Carmen Saldaña
Publisher: Albert Whitman (January 2017)
Ages: Preschool – Grade 3
Although Bunnybear was born a bear, he feels more like a bunny. He prefers bouncing in the thicket to tramping in the forest, and, in his heart, he’s fluffy and tiny, like a rabbit, instead of burly and loud, like a bear. The other bears don’t understand him, and neither do the bunnies. Will Bunnybear ever find a friend who likes him just the way he is?
“There was once a bear who was more than a bear.”
Why I like this book:
- I love books that help kids accept who they are…and Bunnybear does exactly that.
- The gentle humor will be enjoyed by young listeners and appreciated by adult readers.
- The illustrations marry perfectly with the well-written text.
- My favorite line? ‘When I see you, I feel more like me.’
PAPER PLATE BEAR
Photo courtesy http://www.firstpalette.com
I’m a big fan of paper plate crafts…quick and easy for parent and child…and so much fun. Why not let your child be creative…maybe his bear will have bunny ears. For a very simple bear plate, you will need 1 paper plate, construction paper, scissors, glue, and markers or crayon.
- Cut ears, nose, and eyes from construction paper.
- Color the plate with crayons or markers.
- Glue the features onto the face.
- Display your child’s work proudly. You can also use it for role playing.
More instructions here for a fuzzy bear: http://www.firstpalette.com/Craft_themes/Animals/fuzzypaperplatebear/
JUST OUT: Trailer for BunnyBear:
This post is part of a series for parents and teachers and writers called Perfect Picture Book Fridays hosted by Susannah Leonard Hill. Click on her link and find lots of other picture book suggestions with summaries and activities.
And please stop by here tomorrow for our Will Write for Cookies Q&A with debut picture book author, Andrea J. Loney. And yes…there will be a GIVEAWAY of a copy of Bunnybear! Just leave a comment on tomorrow’s post—what animal would you want to be?
Oh my goodness…I had already posted this and am editing to include the winner of the copy of Loir Degman’s NORBERT’S BIG DREAM. And the winner is
David, I’ll reach out to get your address so I can mail you the book!
Thank you for visiting today—I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.