Logo by Vicky Fang
When I do school visits and story hour events, there’s one thing I notice. The kids LOVE listening to me read. But even more, they love telling their OWN stories. And that’s what #50PreciousWordsforKids is all about!
We want to encourage young kids to discover the storyteller that lives in them.
MAGIC HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE EVERY WORD COUNT.
In past years, we’ve had entries from Singapore, Canada, France, Ireland, England, Switzerland, and more than a dozen states across the USA. I’m hoping, having connected with teachers and librarians on my round-the-world trip, that we will have an even wider reach this year. #50PreciousWordsforKids coincides with Children’s Book Week and makes a fabulous activity for that event. Please spread the word to teachers, parents, librarians, and other childcare facilitators.
- Children ages 12 and under participate
- Story must be 50 words or less…title does NOT add to the word count
- Story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end
- Story can be happy or sad, rhyme or prose, true or make-believe
- Teachers can have students write individually, in teams, or as a collaborative class project
- Parents can send one story per child
- Please email all stories to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will post all of the stories on my blog on May 11
- Please contact me if you have any questions: email@example.com
I’m looking forward to reading all of their precious words!