I glanced at the calendar this morning and almost went into shock. January 18, 2011. The month of January is already half over and it feels like I just put away the Christmas decorations. Well, actually, I did just put away the Christmas decorations. Please tell me yours are still up so I will feel better.
So we are halfway through the first month of the new year and I think it’s time to check and see how I am doing with my goals…or New Year’s Resolutions for those of you who like that title better. Here is my list…I’ve graded myself so I can see where I need to improve or what goals I might need to modify…I’m allowed to do that, right?
- BLOG EVERY DAY…A. However, I’m not sure this is something I can continue throughout the rest of the year…at least not on a daily basis. It’s not that I don’t LOVE writing…because I do. The problem is TIME or the lack of it.
- EXERCISE EVERY DAY…C+. I planned on doing my 25 minute low-impact Kathy Smith aerobic sequence 4 days a week and walking a mile the other 3 days. I’ve done the 4 days a week…but have found it difficult to get out and walk the other three days. Is it the weather? It has been pretty cold and I am not a cold-weather lover…however I just got my routine blood labs back (everything normal!!!), but my doctor wants me to take a vitamin D supplement because my D is on the low end of normal…if I could just get out in the sunshine several days a week, that would probably take care of it.
- DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER EVERY DAY…C. I need to work harder on this! Does everyone have a problem with this?
- GREET EVERY DAY WITH A SMILE…A. Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and stateswoman in her own right, said something that is so very true, “Today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.” For me it is not too difficult because I am by nature a very positive person…but I know for some, this is not an easy task.
- DO 5 THINGS EVERY DAY TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT MY NEW BOOK…B. It seems that no matter how much I accomplish, there is always something more I need to do. And not being too savvy about social networking often makes it take two and three times as long to post something or connect with someone. I truly welcome all feedback and insights into how I can do it better!
Giving a score of 90 for an A, 80 for a B, 75 for the C+ and 70 for the C, it looks like my report card average is an 80. Not GREAT, but not too bad. J Hopefully, with a little tweaking of the fluid intake and a little more effort on my part to get out and walk, I can improve my “grades”…but more importantly, I’ll be improving my overall health and that’s really my goal for 2011.
Do you review your goals at different times during the year to see if you are on track? And if you’re not, do you beat yourself up over it and give up for the year or do you find a way to re-motivate yourself?
Stop by tomorrow (especially if you are a parent or teacher of a preschooler) for a peek at the reading and crafting program I’m offering to local Pre-K and kindergarten classes. It’s based on the stories and crafts that appear in my new book…educational fun-filled ideas that build self-esteem, develop pre-literacy skills and create a life-long parent-child bond!