Happy Perfect Picture Book Friday, dear friends! And HAPPY INTERNATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY! We are so fortunate to be celebrating this day with a very special book- written by one of my Storm sisters, Sammie Vance. What makes this even more special is that Sammie is a kid! And because Sammie is my Storm sister and because it is International Friendship Day, I’m offering a giveaway of a copy of this fabulous book – make sure you leave a comment at the end of the blog post.Continue reading
WILL WRITE FOR COOKIES
INSIGHT – INFORMATION – INSPIRATION
JEANETTE BRADLEY, KEILA DAWSON, LINDSAY METCALF
A super trifecta – triple the awesomeness – I’m so honored to present these three talented women who will be sharing their insights and inspiring all of us today. Their newest book, NO VOICE TOO SMALL, was our Perfect Picture Book Friday pick yesterday. Let’s find out a bit about each of them first.Continue reading
People who work from Monday through Friday often look forward to the end of the week. I look forward to the end of the week because that means…Perfect Picture Book Friday. But first, a few things to take care of.
- Last week we enjoyed having Marcie Colleen and her adorable pals, the SUPER HAPPY PARTY BEARS. We promised two giveaways and here they are.
THE WINNER OF STAYING A HIVE IS…
THE WINNER OF GOING NUTS IS…
Ladies, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make arrangements to get the books to you.
- The ReFoReMo Challenge is winding down…thanks to Carrie Charlie Brown and Kirsti Call for all of their work in organizing this for the kid lit community. You can access all of the incredible blog posts and reading lists here.
- Jodell Sadler is gearing up for the 2nd Annual Birthday Bash for KidLit College. There will be inspiring posts (one of them is mine – hurray!) And incredible prizes…don’t miss it. Here’s just a taste of what the blog posts will look like.
- And because I know how much you all love writing challenges…fellow Storm sister, Alexandria LaFaye has a fun 100-word one going on…what if a piece of food was your childhood friend.
- I’ve been working behind the scenes on the #50PreciousWordsforKids Writing Challenge. The flyer should be ready shortly and I’ll post it on Facebook, Twitter, and my blog. If you are a teacher or connected in any way to an elementary school, this may be for you and the children you work with. The challenge will coincide with Children’s Book Week, May 1-7. It’s all about encouraging diversity in imagination for kids in K-6th Several authors have already offered to donate a mini-Skype classroom visit…I’ll need one for each grade level and I already have three.
And now, thank you for your patience…it’s time for our #PPBF review of a book that JUST CELEBRATED ITS BOOK BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK.
Lucy Loves Sherman
Written by Catherine Bailey Continue reading