Happy Perfect Picture Book Friday, dear friends!
I’m really happy because today we are part of author Jackie Azur Kramer’s book blog tour! If you’d like to check out the other stops: https://www.jackieazuakramer.com/iwfa-blog-tour
Before we get to today’s wonderful book, I have THREE important announcements.
- We have a copy of TERRIFIC TONGUES by Maria Gianferrari to give away. And the winner is…
Congratulations, Dee. I’ll connect you and Maria so she and her publisher can get a copy of her fabulous book to you
2. #50PreciousWordsforKids is coming SOON! I’ll be inviting children in grades K-6 to write a story in 50 words or less. You all know how much fun that is! Last year we had a wonderful response – 15 states and 4 foreign countries participated! So, please spread the word to teachers, parents, homeschools. This is an activity that perfectly aligns with National Book Week…and there will be SEVEN AUTHOR SKYPE visits as prizes. I do need more volunteers for those…please contact me if you’d like to offer one or if you have any questions: email@example.com. And if you want more details, take a peek at Darlene Jacobson’s blogpost: https://darlenebeckjacobson.wordpress.com/2018/04/19/vivian-kirkfield-presents50-precious-words-for-kids-contest
3. I’ve got a gift pack of several picture book advance copies that I’d love to share…one of them is today’s wonderful story…please leave a comment on today’s post and you might be the lucky winner!
IF YOU WANT TO FALL ASLEEP
Written by Jackie Azua Kramer
Illustrated by Lisa Brandenburg
Published by Clavis (2018)
Themes: Bedtime routines, sleep problems
Synopsis: From Amazon:
It’s bedtime, but Little Mouse isn’t sleepy. He has tried reading, and snacking, and snuggling, but nothing is helping him fall asleep. Maybe Mama Mouse can help? If you want to fall asleep, what do you do? A wish and a hug and it’s finally time to dream.
A lyrical bedtime story for sleepy little mice ages 4 and up.
Why I like this book:
- Most kids have trouble winding down…I love this rollicking adventure that is sure to help them do that. And if it doesn’t, it is sure to entertain them while they are up!
- The illustrations are bold, vibrant, and filled with humor.
- We always need fresh new bedtime stories.
Paper Plate Mouse
Photo courtesy: http://www.dltk-kids.com
Most of you know how much I love crafts made with paper plates. And here is a new one, a perfect extension activity after reading IF YOU WANT TO FALL ASLEEP.
For detailed instructions: http://www.dltk-kids.com/animals/m-plate-mouse.htm
For more picture book reviews, why not hop over to Susanna Hill’s Perfect Picture Book Friday link up.
Thank you for stopping by, dear friends! Don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered in the book giveaway. And please share the upcoming #50PreciousWordsforKids info as well.
Happy Weekend to All!
Love the pile of sleepy cuteness on the cover! Looks like the perfect book to make bed time a cozy experience.
Adorable cover! Makes me want to snuggle up and find out more about a sleepy pear! Congratulations Jackie and Lisa. 🙂
Lovely cover & the book sounds delightful. Perfect for a cozy bedtime read!
So cute! Love the paper plate craft! Great bedtime book!
How could anyone resist this book once you see the cover. Absolutely adorable and appealing.
Such a sweet cover!! Congrats, Jackie!
And where do you find all of these wonderful crafts, Vivian?
Can’t wait to read it, I love the sweet cover!!!!
What a precious cover! And great activity!
This looks aDORable!!!
At the risk of repeating the earlier comments, I loved the cover, too. If the rest of the illustrations are as sweet as the cover illustration, I know I’m going to love this book.
This book sounds terrific for bedtime!
This book does sound perfect for bedtime.
The paper plate mouse is adorable.
The cover looks adorable. Sounds like a cute story. Love the mouse plate. 🙂
This book looks darling! And that pile of sleepers reminds me of The Napping House. Have you seen that book?
Jackie, congratulations on your new picture book. I think bedtime problems have been around even before beds were invented. Kuddoes to you for giving the world a sweet book that can assist in this area. With ninth grandchild on the way, books like these are true treasures.
The cover is gorgeous and delightful, and I know that the story must be a treat!
just looking at the cover is enough to make me …. ah, ah, yawwwwn….but so cute!
That cover alone sells this sweet story. Looks like a great gift book idea for a new mother.
Congrats, Jackie! I really, really, really, really want this!