Happy Perfect Picture Book Friday, dear friends!
I’m really happy because today we are part of author Jackie Azur Kramer’s book blog tour! If you’d like to check out the other stops: https://www.jackieazuakramer.com/iwfa-blog-tour
Before we get to today’s wonderful book, I have THREE important announcements.
- We have a copy of TERRIFIC TONGUES by Maria Gianferrari to give away. And the winner is…
Congratulations, Dee. I’ll connect you and Maria so she and her publisher can get a copy of her fabulous book to you
2. #50PreciousWordsforKids is coming SOON! I’ll be inviting children in grades K-6 to write a story in 50 words or less. You all know how much fun that is! Last year we had a wonderful response – 15 states and 4 foreign countries participated! So, please spread the word to teachers, parents, homeschools. This is an activity that perfectly aligns with National Book Week…and there will be SEVEN AUTHOR SKYPE visits as prizes. I do need more volunteers for those…please contact me if you’d like to offer one or if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you want more details, take a peek at Darlene Jacobson’s blogpost: https://darlenebeckjacobson.wordpress.com/2018/04/19/vivian-kirkfield-presents50-precious-words-for-kids-contest
3. I’ve got a gift pack of several picture book advance copies that I’d love to share…one of them is today’s wonderful story…please leave a comment on today’s post and you might be the lucky winner!
IF YOU WANT TO FALL ASLEEP
Written by Jackie Azua Kramer
Illustrated by Lisa Brandenburg
Published by Clavis (2018)
Themes: Bedtime routines, sleep problems
Synopsis: From Amazon:
It’s bedtime, but Little Mouse isn’t sleepy. He has tried reading, and snacking, and snuggling, but nothing is helping him fall asleep. Maybe Mama Mouse can help? If you want to fall asleep, what do you do? A wish and a hug and it’s finally time to dream.
A lyrical bedtime story for sleepy little mice ages 4 and up.
Why I like this book:
- Most kids have trouble winding down…I love this rollicking adventure that is sure to help them do that. And if it doesn’t, it is sure to entertain them while they are up!
- The illustrations are bold, vibrant, and filled with humor.
- We always need fresh new bedtime stories.
Paper Plate Mouse
Photo courtesy: http://www.dltk-kids.com
Most of you know how much I love crafts made with paper plates. And here is a new one, a perfect extension activity after reading IF YOU WANT TO FALL ASLEEP.
For detailed instructions: http://www.dltk-kids.com/animals/m-plate-mouse.htm
For more picture book reviews, why not hop over to Susanna Hill’s Perfect Picture Book Friday link up.
Thank you for stopping by, dear friends! Don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered in the book giveaway. And please share the upcoming #50PreciousWordsforKids info as well.
Happy Weekend to All!