Happy Perfect Picture Book Friday, my friends! I’m back from Chicago, just in time to bring you a review of another fantastic book. I met the fantastic author, Danielle Dufayet, in the fantastic debut picture book group, Picture Book Buzz. And thanks to Danielle, we have a fantastic giveaway of a copy of the book.
But before we get to the review, I need to announce the winner of a copy of Nadine Poper’s debut picture book: RANDALL AND RANDALL.
And the winner is:
Congratulations, David. I will be in touch so I can get that fantastic book to you.
Are you getting an inkling of the fantastic theme that is going on here?
Written by Danielle Dufayet
Illustrated by Jennifer Zivoin
Published by Magination Press (2019)
Themes: Self-empowerment, self-realization, compassion
Synopsis: From Amazon:
There’s one special person you get to spend your whole life with: YOU! Which means there’s no one you should take better care of! When you cheer yourself on and cheer yourself up, you make the world a happier place. Life is amazing when you share it with the people you love: family, friends, and always with YOU!
Fantastic You shows readers how to develop and nurture a loving and positive relationship with themselves. Kids will learn that self-care includes positive self-talk and self-compassion for a happy, self-empowered life.
Why I love this book:
- We need all the books we can get that help empower kids to believe in themselves, accept that somedays are better than others, and learn to love themselves and to express what they are feeling
- Beautiful illustrations team up with age-appropriate text kids can relate to
- Perfect book for opening a doorway of conversation about feelings
Why Danielle wrote this book:
Here’s a website with awesome activities to help kids get in touch with their emotions: https://www.kidssoup.com/activity/emotions-and-feelings-preschool-activities-games-and-lessons
Looking for ways to support your favorite authors and illustrators?
- If you can, buy their books
- Review their books on Goodreads and Amazon and B&N
- Tell friends about their books – can you share this post on social media?
- Ask libraries to purchase copies for their collections
Please don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered in the giveaway…and let us know if you were able to share the post on your social media channels like Twitter and Facebook because there’s a book to giveaway and you get extra chances every time you share the post.
I can’t believe October is almost over. Please check out Dawn Prochovnic’s blog on Tuesday…I’ll be visiting! And to read more wonderful picture book reviews, please hop over to Susanna Hill’s Perfect Picture Book Friday post.